Unit 1012 Cover Photo

Unit 1012 Cover Photo

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

IN LOVING MEMORY OF 6-MONTH-OLD ELIAS OCEAN JOHNSON (AUGUST 22, 2004 TO FEBRUARY 18, 2005)



            Let us remember 6-month-old Elias Ocean Johnson who was murdered by his father, Christopher Thomas Johnson on February 18, 2005. Christopher Thomas waived all his appeals and requested he be put to death, he got wish! He was executed by lethal injection in Alabama on October 20, 2011.

We, the comrades of Unit 1012, care for all murdered victims and their families regardless of race and country. We feel that child killers must pay with their lives. We do not want them to get protective custody in prison, we want them dead not for revenge but for justice and protection.


Elias Ocean Johnson




Elias Ocean Johnson

            Let us hear from Elias’s mother:

QUOTE 1: “Thursday I will be granted closure finally,” Dana Johnson told NorthEscambia.com in an exclusive interview. “Although I normally do not agree with capital punishment, I will not lose any sleep over this particular execution.  Whether it is right or wrong I feel that a weight will be lifted from my soul on Thursday, and finally I will feel relief.”

QUOTE 2: “My son was the most delightful calm little boy I have ever known.  Christopher Johnson took him from me.  I have spent years trying to heal from this unimaginable pain,” Dana Johnson said. “I am scarred by this, and Christopher took away my son, my trust in other people, and even my desire to ever have another child.  I still have a hard time being around children because of the sorrow it makes me feel.  Every day I see children that are Elias’ age, and I wonder what he would have been like.”

QUOTE 3: Dana Johnson won’t be able to attend Thursday’s execution. She now lives far from Atmore in the western United States where she is studying to become a nurse.

“I can tell you one thing, Thursday will be a day of closure for me, whether that is wrong or right.  I curse the day that I met that man,” Dana Johnson said, adding that she feels sorry that Atmore is associated with this heinous crime.

QUOTE 4: The sight of Elias Johnson's smile will forever remain a memory, and his mother, Dana, wants the whole world to take a good look at it.

"I wanted people to see Elias and maybe then they could understand why it's not such a bad thing that Chris is being put to death on Thursday," said Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment